No one gets married with the expectation that they will one day end get divorced. Unfortunately, divorce is incredibly common and couples cannot always make their marriage work. There are many reasons spouses choose to get divorced, whether it be money, lack of connection, or infidelity. We will review some of the most common ones.
Common Reasons Why Marriages End
In many cases, there are multiple reasons why spouses ultimately choose to end their marriage.
Here are some of the most common reasons why couples get divorced:
- Trouble with money: When spouses have different approaches to how they spend or save money, this can result in a lot of conflict. If one spouse is more financially responsible than the other, it can create resentment, which can gradually destroy a marriage.
- Growing apart: Ideally, spouses should grow and change together, strengthening their bond as a couple. When they grow apart and cease to have much in common, it can be difficult to continue to move forward. For couples that marry young, this is one of the most common reasons behind divorce.
- Poor communication: Effective communication is the cornerstone of any marriage. When communication breaks down in a relationship, it can create many other problems and disagreements and fights may arise more frequently.
- Affairs: Although some marriages may be able to recover from an affair, others may experience irreparable damage to the bond of trust that once existed. Oftentimes, extramarital affairs are an indication of other, deeper problems in a marriage.
- Substance abuse: When a spouse struggles with substance abuse, they may have severe mood swings, spend recklessly, neglect their responsibilities, and exhibit many other behaviors that can damage a relationship.
Some couples are able to work through their problems and find a way to bridge the gaps in their marriage. However, if you feel you can no longer move forward, it may be time to speak to a divorce attorney.
Schedule a Case Evaluation with an Experienced Divorce Lawyer Today!
If your marriage is no longer working, you should not hesitate to reach out to the legal team at Crossman & McNamee, LLC for the skilled guidance and representation you need. Backed by decades of experience, you can rely on our attorneys to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Reach out to our law office today at (937) 468-3796 to schedule a consultation with a member of our team to get started on your case.