Child Support Guiding You Into the Next Phase of Your Life


Providing Comprehensive Support, Enforcement & Modification Services in Ohio

Establishing Child Custody FairlyChild support is money paid from one parent to another for the care and financial support of the child. Support is generally paid from the non-custodial parent to the parent with physical custody of the child. The Greene County child support lawyers at Crossman & McNamee, LLC can evaluate your situation and explain how the law applies to your family. In addition, we can help with enforcement or modification of existing orders.

If you have questions about child support, call (937) 468-3796 to schedule a consultation. We're also available to serve the greater Miami Valley area.

How Is Child Support Determined in Ohio?

Ohio law has a formula that is used to calculate the amount of child support payments. The calculator considers the income of both parents, other costs related to the financial support of the child, and certain deductions to determine the appropriate amount of child support. In addition, the number of children factors into the total amount of child support payments.

Other factors included in calculating child support include:

  • Child support paid for children from a prior marriage
  • Alimony from a prior marriage
  • Daycare costs
  • Health insurance coasts

Generally, child support payments end when a child turns 18. However, if the child is still in high school when he or she turns 18, support payments continue until the child has graduated from high school or turns 19. If the child is no longer in high school and living financially independently from his or her parents, it may be possible to end support payments prior to the 18th birthday. If a child has a disability, payments may continue after the child turns 18.

Child Support Modifications in Ohio

When child support is calculated at the time of a divorce, it is based on the situations of each parent at that time. However, circumstances change, and some require a modification of the existing orders. If a parent wants to change the support order, he or she can request an administrative review or go to court for a modification. A review can be requested every 36 months. Our Greene County child support attorneys can help with enforcement and modification of existing orders.

Call (937) 468-3796 to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation with an attorney, or contact us online.


  • Work Directly With an Attorney

    When you work with our firm, you will have direct access to your attorney every step of the way.

  • Decades of Experience

    Our attorneys have the experience that you need to guide you through these trying times.

  • Fierce Advocate

    When you work with our firm, you will have an advocate on your side that is ready to take on any challenge.

  • Personalized Experience

    We pride ourselves on providing you with a personalized experience. Your goals are our priority.


The First Step Starts Here
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.